Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bengaluru Part II

We had visitors to Bengaluru for the second weekend running. And yes we managed to have a wonderful time as usual. Sadly I could not get too many pics clicked chiefly because I had run out of batteries.

G2G Central this time around was Amoeba-"the leisure place". I did not make it up, it is their punchline! Who all were there? Firstly the evening was in honor of two of our friends visiting from Chennai, Harish and Reshmi. Others present were Nirmal and Sathya who are both working in Bangalore and of course the most jobless person in Bangalore currently, yours truly.

We also had among us Megha, who was one year junior to us in School and who is currently studying in Manipal. We were actually a pretty huge gang which also included Riju, Harish's friend from IIT-M currently in B'lore and Karthik and Vijay, reshmi's friends who are currently in B'lore. So it was a great big gang which rocked Amoeba that day.

As usual a lot of the losers were late. Only four of us actually bowled, Harish, Nirmal, Riju and me. It was a lot of fun bowling with my right hand again(Ms. V would know what I am referring to!) but I was mighty disappointed with my score. I should have actually stuck to Left-handed bowling and maybe then I could have beaten Harish. But the calculating genius topped the charts but not without a great comebacks by Nirmal and Me towards the end. The daytonna races were a lot more fun esp. since I kicked ass, big time! And both times starting from last. I know Nirmal was a little shocked but it's okay pal, better luck next time.

Amoeba also has a hang-out like place with huge screens on which they play F1 races as well. Incidently we managed to watch the Turkish Grand Prix as well. So for all you guys out there who want to go on a date and still not miss out on the race, this is definitely a place to go.

From left: Sathya, Harish, Megha, Karthik(Reshmi's friend) and Reshmi Camera Shy: Nirmal, Riju, Vijay and Me(I was clicking!)

It was great catching up with Reshmi after so long. We couldn't talk all that much cos the music plays too loudly in this place. She had to push off early because of her train to Chennai the same night. We had to let go of Megha as well cos she had to meet someone else. It was her birthday the next day and I am sure she had a wonderful time then. Happy B'day Megha.

The rest of us went to Shangri-La and had a wonderful dinner. We recalled all the wonderful times that we had at ISM, Harish's amazing escapades and some of Nirmal's as well. A lot of gossip was exchanged, a lot of people were shocked, many people were remembered and lots of laughs were had chiefly at the expense of Harish. But I would not want to embarrass him here, so I will shut up now.

P.S-
I used to enjoy the summer congregations in Muscat where everyone would come down from his/her college(this was after we passed out from ISM), there would be phone calls everywhere, we would meet up at some place, go bowling and then eat at some place and chat up. Well this felt somewhat like that. Except that sleepy Muscat was replaced by crowded Bangalore(we had to wait 45 mins just to get a bowling lane!!!). But it was great fun all around and good to know that Chennai is not very far away and that I am definitely going there soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Am I jealous or am I jealous!!!!! Wow! I know them all actually, except for Rijoy. Shucks, would have LOVED to be there. Haven't met Reshmi in FOREVER!!! Where the hell were all these people when I came down to Blore?!?!?! :( I just came at a pretty crappy time, eh? Sigh!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

Okay Harish's friend is Riju, small mistake on my part. Terribly sorry if ur reading this riju.

@Ms. V:
Yup you came at a singularly depressing time. It would have been so much fun if you were here too. Kinda like a Reunion. Anyways inform me in advance when ur cumin here next, we can rock then!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home